Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Business is Business

I have conducted 6 interviews so far today, including one from a guy who was a bodyguard. He was telling me about working with different CEOs of companies and for different people in the entertainment business. That was an interesting interview to say the least. He seemed to think that his last client was a bit paranoid in fact he said that assignment had been terminated due to the fact that the client wanted more security than one person could give so he actually hired a small firm. However, my interviewee said that not once in the several months of protecting this guy nor his family had he witnessed any credible threats. This gentleman is looking into Coastal because he wants to do something that is a little safer, I guess being a bodyshield wouldn't be the safest profession one could have. This gentleman was very personable he could be great with Coastal, once he completes our four step process we will see if he is truly someone I am looking to work with.

One of my interviewees today called me back and said that she wanted something that wasn't so time consuming. I just responded OK and let her hang up. I wanted to be like "hello" I don't work very hard as it is and I am still able to earn $1,000s each month. I really don't think she read the information too thoroughly but that was ultimately her decision. I had too many other people to follow up with I didn't have time to worry about her. I am looking for people who are serious about their future and are willing to do their research thoroughly.

Since, I didn't mention it yesterday I better mention it today, yesterday was my 3rd anniversary with Carmen. She is truly and an amazing women and an accomplished entrepreneur in her own right. In fact to be honest with you her business is earning more than mine currently is. However, we both know that I will definitely end up earning more. She had a traditional direct marketing company with lots of overhead and plenty of headaches. The most that she will ever profit most likely in that business will be $300,000 in a year. She is working up to that and will likely hit that in the next 3 yrs. However, with Coastal my goal is to hit $100,000/month that is 1.2million a year. I believe it will take me at least 5 years to reach that.

Another exciting thing about my business vs. her's is that in order for me to reach my goal I will help many many people generate a multiple six figure income. Not only do I get to earn a lot but I enable many others to earn a great income as well. Hopefully, someone will earn more than I do. By that time I will know that I have truly accomplished my task as a successful Coastal Director.

No comments: