Thursday, October 27, 2005

I am still growing and learning

I must have made a massive mistake today. I was talking to a sharp woman on the phone today. I had actually spoken to her first yesterday when conducting a primary interview. When I followed up with her this evening I was trying to ask her what was her favorite part of the information that she reviewed. She seemed defensive as if I was about to convince her to do something that she did not want to do. She almost seemed to avoid my question saying "I am not sure I have to take all of this information in" "I have to let this soak in". I was having trouble deciding how I was going to move this conversation forward. I didn't want to end the interview she seemed like she was very intelligent. Out of my nervousness I laughed because I was a little frustrated as to how to tackfully move the interview forward. This young women immediately got offended when I laughed. I think she assumed I was laughing at her. It bothered me a lot. It blind sided me to be honest. She politely but straightforwardly told me that we were ending the conversation, that she was an adult, she was intelligent and that you do not conduct business by laughing at people.

I was so floored. I did not mean to offend anyone. But, what a lesson learned. I have been in this business earning an average of $6,400/monthly on a part time basis. Most recently last month working full time I did about $15,000 and may even do better than that this month. The best thing about that is that I know that there are people who's lives are changing because of this business and in some way I play a small part in that change. It is absolutely the most rewarding thing I have been a part of. I just hope by my actions tonight didn't cause someone to miss that opportunity.

Subscribe to this blog enter your Email




Powered by FeedBlitz

No comments: