Sunday, March 12, 2006

Week ahead

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

I am sitting on my couch watching " There and Back " thinking about the week ahead. I have so many things to do in order to be ready to move this coming weekend. I have to get my taxes done tomorrow. I still have to get my health insurance changed, my car insurance changed, my mail forwarded, Cable cancelled, and my electricity turned off. Of course, the last two will be the last thing I do before leaving. Regardless, next week this time I will be completely packed up and headed to Michigan ( my new home ). I will be glad when I am finally there and moved.

My mp3 from last weeks "Prospect and Close Your Way to Millions" arrived in the mail today. For some reason it's not working correctly, so I will be sending an email or giving www.DaniJohnson.com a call to get that worked out. I have been listening to Dani a lot lately. I have heard her last call in the member's area dated March 6, 2005 at least two and a half times. That call is all about getting your team members and clients up and running as quickly as possible. In our business that is a big deal.

I love this show "There and Back". It's about Ashley Parker Angel. He is the guy from O Town the boy band that was featured in "Making the Band". Evidently O Town is no longer and he is struggling to make a name for himself as a solo artist with his own style. The show "There and Back" is a reality show that chronicles his attempts at a come back. I am not a big fan of music, but who can resist a good come back story. To make in all that much more interesting Ashley Parker Angel is struggling as a new dad, he is living with his girlfriend and her mom, and currently he is barely paying the bills. In one episode he even took a construction job to help make extra money. Talk about being on top of the world and then starting back at the bottom. That is exactly what Ashley Parker Angel is doing. I love this show mainly because I could see myself doing the exact same thing if I were to fall and my business were to fail, I would immediately start climbing the ladder of achievement to get back to were I once was. Until my next post...

2 comments:

Adam McFarland said...

Jackie, great blog and great post. I just quit my job and moved and went through all of the stuff that you are right now. Stay strong, once you settle in it will be awesome. Best of luck to you and your biz.

Mr. Jackie O'Quinn said...

Adam, thanks for the encouragement. It is greatly appreciated.