Thursday, March 23, 2006

Simple Secrets to Success

"You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry. Most people do." Norman Juster

I have discovered the simple secrets to success with a homebased business. I am going to tell you what they are. If you have been subscribed to this online personal journal then you know I have struggled to succeed within the small business world. I have seen many scams, researched hundreds of businesses, and failed with at least six of them. I have finally achieved a measure of success with Coastal Vacations just over $33,000 so far this year. Along my journey I have discovered some simple secrets that have lead to my success.

I am not going to tell you that Coastal Vacations is the secret. To be perfectly honest with you this business is not for everyone. Some people will choose not to succeed with Coastal. However, the simple secrets I am about to share with you will help you to succeed regardless of the business that you choose to succeed with.
The first secret that I am going to share with you has to do with finding the right business model. You have to find a business model that gives you a large enough profit margin to succeed. In other words you have to be able to earn enough profit that you can reinvest into your business to attract new clients but still have a profit left over. In a lot of homebased businesses you are paid very little up front, it is only after you have developed a large client base that you are earning enough to have profit left over after advertising. This is obviously not a concern with Coastal Vacations earning profits of $1,000 to $9,705 per sale.

However, if this is a concern with your current business model that's OK. Lots of companies have to operate in the red for a while before earning a profit. Just be sure to track your advertising dollars and revenue so that you can make sure that you are slowly earning more and more revenue without increasing your advertising budget. Make sure that you have a bankroll large enough to cover your advertising until you start earning a profit.

In my next post, I am going to talk about what I have learned regarding advertising. So that you still have profits left over at the end of the day regardless of the business that you are in.

No comments: