Friday, January 27, 2006

Home based business owners I challenge you!

I made a $2,000 donation to St. Jude's Children Hospital just now. I encourage all Home Based Business owners to set aside at least 10% of your income this month for a charitable purpose, just as I have done. Take this as a challenge. I realize a lot of you may already do this and some of you may not. If you normally give to a charitable cause each month I ask that you leave a comment on my blog or send me an email I can share with the readership, to encourage others to do the same.

I believe God blesses us so that we can bless others. If you do not believe in God at the very least I hope you have a moral compass that encourages you to give back to a society that has given to you. Please don't make a donation with pride in your heart. Don't leave a comment on my blog or send me an email about your donation with the intent of bragging about what you have done. Your reason for sharing your donation is to encourage others to do the same. When you give to a charitable or religious cause it's not about you or your money. It's about your humbleness and you willingness to share with others. If you are a Christain and you are giving your tithe then you are simply giving God back what is his.

So I challenge all Home Based Business owners to step up to the plate and donate your 10% this month. It doesn't matter if your 10% is ten dollars or ten thousand dollars. Regardless, of the charity or your religious beliefs, this challenge is much bigger than that. It's about people helping people. It's about the Home Based Business industry giving back! If you would like to give to St Jude, then just visit their website.

No comments: