Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Prosper.com loan was funded

Actually my Prosper.com loan was funded about two days after I listed it. However, my interest rate was bid down from around 14 percent to the current 10.90%. You can check out my loan here. You can also apply for your own loan. Prosper.com, is similar to Ebay for the personal lending industry. You apply for a loan and individuals bid on your loan starting with a minimum bid of at least $50. People continue to bid on your loan until the loan is fully funded. Then as people continue to bid they have to be willing to accept a lower interest rate. Unlike Ebay, the winners on Prosper.com are not the highest bidders they are the bidders that are willing to accept the lowest rate of return on their money. I enjoy investing on Prosper.com, I find it to be a great concept. So far I have enjoyed borrowing from Prosper.com as well. I will keep you posted on this.

This weekend, Melissa and I (our realtor) are going to go look at some apartment buildings. I want to start getting out and looking at some rental property so I can see what the market is doing and get a feel for the market.

Have an Awesome Day,
Jackie O'Quinn
1-800-620-3019

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your loan funded through Prosper.com. Good luck with your business.

Mr. Jackie O'Quinn said...

Hi Tom,

Thanks, great blog you have!