Monday, November 06, 2006

The details about Chicago

As I promised in my last blog post. I will tell you more of the details about our anniversary trip to Chicago. We left our home Saturday morning at 7:30 am, we got in to Chicago at 11:30 am and checked into our hotel. We stayed at a hotel called Sofitel. We stayed in a beautiful deluxe room.

When we first arrived at the hotel Carmen and I took a nap. She woke me up at 3:00 pm and at 3:15 there was a knock at the door. I went to the door and was surprised to see two massage therapists. They literally in a matter of minutes had rearranged our room into our on private massage room. Carmen was on one table and I on the other. This was my very first experience having a professional massage. Although, Carmen enjoys a good massage about once a month but I had not had one yet. However, for the next hour I enjoy a piece of heaven. Let me tell you if you have never had a professional massage I encourage you to put that at the top of your list, you will thank me for it. I can definitely see a time when that could become a monthly if not a weekly habit for me.

After the massage, we took showers and got ready for dinner. Carmen had yet another surprise for me, we went on a dinner cruise. This was spectacular! We spent 3 hours aboard a luxury cruise ship cruising along the sparkling skyline of Chicago. Viewing the Chicago skyline was amazing, it was as if I was looking through the pages of a magazine. We had our very own poster ready view over dinner. Dinner was elegant, we were served a 4 course meal and were waited on by one of the best wait staffs I have ever seen. A relaxed atmosphere, with amazing views, and a wait staff that catered to all of our needs throughout dinner. Between dinner and desert we took a walk on the observation deck to enjoy the view of the skyline it a refreshing way to relax and reflect with each other. When we returned to dinner we enjoyed our own private anniversary cake that Carmen had ordered for desert. It was great way to wrap up a greater evening.

We went to bed that night and slept in Sunday morning. Before leaving on Sunday we stopped by a Cigar shop that is semi-famous called "Up Down Cigar Shop". I do enjoy a good cigar so I was excited to see this place. This shop was magnificent. It had a ton of inventory packed into a small place. It was without a doubt a highend store. We spent about an hour there and I was talking to one of the sales associates named Sean. If you go to Up Down be sure to ask for Sean he is a great guy and is very helpful. While I was there I scored several cigars including two Diamond Crown Maduros and two Padron Anniversary 1926s.

Without question I have to have the best girlfriend ever. We had a great weekend. I look forward to many many more years with Carmen.

Hope you enjoyed it,
Jackie O'Quinn

1 comment:

Renae Heikkila said...

Hi Jackie!

Congratulations to you both! Carmen is awesome, I am going to pick her brain on how to plan an amazing Anniversary like this. I can't wait to see you both this weekend. Love you both!