Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's time to make my money work for me

I have recently opened up a Scottrade account. I have always paid attention to the stock market and have invested some here and there. The problem is that I didn't have the extra money to really invest the way that I wanted to. I have always felt that I could earn a better return on my money by using my money to start a business. Guess what? So far I have been right. I invested $1,295 into Coastal and turned that in to about $101,000 in an 18 month period. However, I am beginning to make enough money with Coastal that I want to leverage my efforts by putting my money to work for me. I have always read and understood a lot about investing and I am continuing to learn new things all the time.

I chose to open an account with Scottrade, for a number of reasons. First of all, Scottrade has had six awards from JD Power and Associates for Investor Satisfaction. Second, they are a discount broker charging a very competitive $7 per trade. They are also one of the few discount brokers to have branch offices all over the country. Scottrade has over 258 branch offices nationwide. If I ever feel the need too, I can actually go into a branch office and talk to someone. I am very computer literate and love doing business, banking, and investing online. However, I really like the fact that Scottrade offers that extra personal contact via their branch offices.

Continue to read my blog and you will start to see it grow and evolve. You will start experiencing the struggles of my investment activity from this point on. You will read about my successes and share in my set backs. I have a goal to reach a liquid $1,000,000 by the age of 30 years old which means I have about 3 and a half years to complete that goal. My investment strategies will either assist me in reaching that goal or set me back and I will have to increase business production to make up for any losses that I incur in the market. Regardless, you are invited to follow along. At this point, most of my investing will occur within my Scottrade account.

No comments: