Sunday, April 23, 2006

Just some rambling...

"Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead." Scottish Proverb

Carmen and I just came back from the movies we went and saw the movie "The Sentinel". Great movie by the way, it's about the Secret Service and possible betrayal among the ranks. I have always liked the Secret Service and at one time gave some thought to possibly joining. Of course, that was a very long time ago even before nursing school. About that same time I had even given some serious thought to possibly joining the Peace Corp. I remembered when I was in nursing school I emailed the Peace Corp about working as a nurse with them when I got out of school. I was told that I would not be able to work as a nurse because I was only graduating with an Associate's Degree. That was pretty much the end of that. I am not sure why I even had a desire to work with the Peace Corp; I think it had something to do with the fact that I new I would spend a lifetime trying to improve my personal life so I felt that I should in some way selfishly serve the world so that I may do my part to help other's improve their lives. I considered the Peace Corp because I wanted to work to improve lives of people who can not help themselves. Not to sound cynical however, I feel very confident that the majority of Americans can choose to improve their life most of us just choose not to. In most 3rd world countries they don't have any form of decent healthcare and starvation is a constant threat to life for the majority of the population.

Tomorrow, evening we are going to another Detroit Pistons game. It is the first game of the playoffs and we are sitting on the first level this time. Carmen is very excited and I am looking forward to it as well. It will be a lot of fun there will be a lot of excitement in the air. I have to tell you Detroit has some of the best sport fans. It is just a great atmosphere to be in. To be honest, I most likely wouldn't be there if Carmen wasn't such a sports fan but I sure don't mind watching professional sports live. I will keep you posted in my next blog post. Well I am going to wrap this up and play a little online poker at www.mytruepoker.com wish me luck!

No comments: