Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let's not take life for granted

In my last post I had discussed the passing of someone that I had respected in the home business industry. That was on my brain alot last week. This week I have been focusing on the things that we take for granted. Of course, I thought about my family, my wife, my friends, etc. Then yesterday, I took some time out in the afternoon and just went for a walk in our neighborhood and as I am walking I realized; I have totally taken my home business for granted! What a conviction!

I think it has become such a way of life that I just don't think about it. There was a time when I would have thought this was the perfect lifestyle, and it is. But, I realize that it has become normal for me and therefore I have become complacent. I work about 25 hours a week (to be honest usually less) but after 5 years I have taken that as "just my schedule". I don't have to work too hard to generate a six figure income, again I have accepted that as normal. It really is disgusting.

I am incredibly fortunate and I am vowing to continue to recognize this. I am going to start working with a renewed focus. I do not plan to increase my hours worked but I am going to start becoming more productive with my work schedule. In 2010 I want to set a new personal record and earn $250,000. I will be debt free by the end of the year so this will allow me to not only help more people through my home business but also to help many of my favorite charities as well.

Look at the legacy Phil Longnecker left behind. He created jobs for many people in a small town in PA. He helped thousands of individuals to succeed in a home business from his advertising. He created a personal fortune that made certain his family and his young daughter had a secure future even though he is no longer with us. He impacted thousands of children through the thousands of dollars he donated to "Toys for Tots". I will never be able to impact my family and those around me if I just stay comfortable with $100,000 a year from home.

If you have been reading my blog from the beginning then you have followed me from before I knew how to run a successful business to today. Stay tuned, cause we are about to take it to the next level. Those who I am fortunate to be in business with hang on, cause the best is yet to come!

Thanks for reading,
Jackie O'Quinn
My Website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're awesome! Thank you for your humility and your transparency....