Monday, February 11, 2008

Learning... never stop learning

Last week I did not hit my goal of 400 dials for the week. I also learned one of the most important lessons I ever could have learned. I will share more about that in a moment or maybe in my next post. First up just to update you on a couple of things. My numbers in January show me that I need to make more dials first off, but my connect ratio was well below 10% of my dials. Meaning that out of every 10 dials I talked to less than 1 client. This is most likely due to one very important factor. I had some aged or older leads I was calling just to help me hit my goals. So I was making dials but was not nearly as productive with that time as I needed to be. In other words, there are some things I could have done that would have been more effective in my business. One is I could have done a better job following up with clients versus just focusing so much on dials.

I have made some new decisions moving forward in my business. I need to continue to work towards making 80 dials a day but I also need to do my best to get my contact ratio above 10%. Increasing my contact ratio is going to be my first priority. Now my plan of action is this...

I have ordered more advertising via http://www.snapresponse.com/. Primarily I am using the "Coastal Video Leads" and just adjusted my orders to include some "Real Time Christain Leads". I am spending the same amount on advertising but this will allow to me have more "Real Time" advertising running which is ALWAYS more responsive when I am calling them. This should have two consequences and I will confirm this as I track my numbers. First, I should have a much higher connect ratio because I don't plan on calling any aged data. Second, I may not be getting enough leads in to hit my 80 dials a day goal Monday through Thursday. I will just have to wait and see how this works out. I may be adjusting my annual goal to compensate for this. As my income increases, I will continue to grow my advertising budget to make sure that I have enough "Real Time" advertising to reach 80 dials a day. Who knows, I may already have enough but I don't think I do.

With my goals being adjusted, I am looking to save time but be more productive as well. See my next post to find out what I learned last week, which may simply change my life forever!

All the best,
Jackie O'Quinn
1-800-620-3019

No comments: