Sunday, November 18, 2007

What an amazing meal

Carmen and I, went out to eat with another couple last night. We went out of town to Troy Michigan and ate at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. This was my very first time at a Ruth's Chris. Let me just tell you, if you have one near you then you much check it out. Last night I got the ribeye cooked Medium. It was cooked at 500 degrees and was perfect with a warm pink center. A dollop of butter was added to the top of the steak just before it was brought out of the kitchen, which created a sizzling butter sauce when it came to the table. When I took my first bite, I knew that the waiter was right when he said this was the top 2% aged prime Midwestern beef that simply melts in your mouth when coming in contact with your tongue. It was simply the best steak I have ever had.

The service at this restaurant was fantastic. Our waiter was courteous and polite his mannerisms were impeccable. His suggestions for the meal were exact. He suggested the calamari flash fried with red bell pepper for an appetizer and that we should share that among 2 or 3 of us. When I put that Calamari in my mouth before getting to the steak, I would have thought that would have been the highlight of my meal. It was succulent and delicious.

For our A La Carte sides we had baked potatoes (loaded) and broccoli au gratin. It was a huge one pound potato that was cooked just right and even all the way through. If I hadn't been, full I could have ate every piece of that potato including the skin. The broccoli au gratin, although very tasty in a garlic cream butter sauce and covered in cheese was probably my least favorite part of the meal. I would have loved to finished the meal off with a good coffee and a great cigar. Unfortunately, it was getting late and I did not know if I could make room for coffee. So we headed home.

A great time was had by all,

Jackie O'Quinn
1-800-620-3019

No comments: