Sunday, January 14, 2007

Time to refocus

This past week was not very productive as far as work is concerned. Last Sunday I was relaxing at Timothy's Fine Tobaccos, a cigar shop I often frequent, when I got a phone call from my mom. Mom, told me that Nannie (my grandmother) was sick and the doctor said her organs were shutting down. Long story short, she was dying. Although my Nannie has been very sick and I knew how sick she was when I saw her at Christmas, it really hit me hard. My Nannie, was a second mom to me when I was growing up and has impacted my life immensely.

So last week when I got that phone call I sat there and processed what just happened and then I made an immediate decision to go home to North Carolina. I called Carmen and told her what was going on. By the time I got home, she had all of my clothes completely packed. (What would I do without her?) I drove through the night and mom called at about 2:30 am EST to let me know that Nannie had just passed away. So I spent the week with my mother and attending my grandmother's funeral.

This has definitely set me back on my goals for the month but I just thank God that I am in a position to be able to be there for my family at a moments notice. This week we will getting back on track and next weekend we will be headed to Dallas for First Steps to Success.

No comments: