Thursday, February 10, 2005

Mary Kay, believe it or not!

Mary Kay, was the first business I was a part of believe it or not. As a 20 year old male I was recruited by a Mary Kay consultant to get started in the business. She did a great job recruiting me she even put me in the hands of an excellent director Ellen Mitchell. Ellen was great at what she did and had a solid organization. I am certain she is most likely still working her business very successfully.

Mary Kay is a great business however, I just did not have any interest in the products. I was sold on the idea that I worked with the perfect market; (tons of females) which was true. I just did not care much for the product. I was hoping I would began to develop a name for myself as a Mary Kay Consultant and would generate a little passive income from the occasional orders while I was in school. To be quite honest I did not have the time to put in the business. However, I did witness a top notch organization in action. Mary Kay, has tons of training resources available. It is actually good training material not just hype and excitement. I mean all of the Mary Kay cassette tapes that I heard and the video tapes that I saw truly taught actually techniques on improving your business; everything from scripts on setting up parties, to actual video tapes showing how to coach someone through doing their own make over. It was just excellent training material.

Even though it was a business that I did not succeed at. It was a great business and on occasion if I hear of a nurse who may be getting started as a Mary Kay Consultant I always re-enforce the fact that they are part of a great business if they choose to work it like a business. Overall I probably lost about $600.00 on my Mary Kay business and most of that was product that I ended up giving away. I didn't have any hard feelings; it was just a business that did not keep my interest. Don't get me wrong everyone hates to lose money. However, it was my mistakes. No one in Mary Kay ever mis-represented the Mary Kay business or it's products. I just chose not to succeed at it.

Feel free to comment on your experience with Mary Kay as a business or it's products.

Subscribe, and be notified when I update this blog

No comments: