Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vacation in Blue Ridge, GA

Well we have rented a luxury home up in Blue Ridge, GA. It's beautiful  up here. Right now I'm blogging from the deck overlooking the Toccoa River. A river we will be tubing down alittle later this morning. I have been meaning to make a blog post sooner but we have been having so much fun I have just now decided to stop long enough to put my thoughts on the digital world. I have been posting pictures like crazy on Facebook. If we are not friends on facebook make sure you connect with me, friend me on facebook.

This home is gorgeous and well designed. It's 5 bedrooms and 4 baths, about 5000 square feet with a private out door pool area (this is one of my favorite features). This outdoor area has a full bathroom with shower. The whole thing is bricked in, with underground pool and water slide, my niece, nephew, and mother in law have enjoyed the slide. It has an oversided fireplace, which has been enjoyable with some nice cigars in the evening. There is a very large gazebo area which could comfortably hold 10 people eating. There is a full outdoor kitchen with microwave, sink, fridge, bar, cabinet space. Also you can't forget the grill. We will be making some beer butt chickens on that grill later tonight.

Overall it has been a great time to celebrate a holiday to remember those men and women who have died so that I could live the life I live and vacation the way that we vacation. One of the more exciting parts of this vacation is that it has been a working vacation for me. Meaning that I have kept a few appts and attended a few conference calls. That little extra work turned this vacation into a Paycation. I have earned a few thousand dollars while hanging out up here in the mountains! I have a few more topics I could discuss about work but no need to spend too much time discussing work on my day of rest! Will talk soon...

God bless,
J.O.

No comments: