Monday, October 23, 2006

Updates on Prosper

In the past on my blog I have written about Prosper.com. I am writing a manuscript to be released as a book or at least as an ebook. I am looking to teach others about the benefits of this website and it's service for borrowers as well as lenders. Borrowers have a simple and easy way to borrow money, it's just another option versus going to the local bank or finance company.

Other individuals can choose to be investors/lenders and realistically earn much better returns than can be obtained from CDs or Money Market accounts. As being a lender not only can we earn better returns than other conservative investments but these investments allow a unique liquid aspect to them. No you can't just sell your investment as you could with a stock but you will receive a percentage of your investment back each month in the form of a payment plus interest from your lenders. Of course once you receive that payment you can choose to compound it by reinvesting in another loan or you can simply withdraw it. I am considering starting a free suggestive loan service in which I would spend my time looking for loans that I would invest in on Prosper.com so that would save you time as an investor when doing your own research. Currently, I am earning just over 12% on my Prosper account. I have not had any late payments yet either.

Until next time,
Jackie

No comments: