Saturday, June 08, 2013

Late night post from the beach

As I write this I'm on the coast of South Carolina at an ocean front hotel. I have enjoyed a great day with my Bride, son, and mother in law. Today we played in the waves, swam in the pool, had a great seafood feast for dinner and I'm currently finishing a great cigar; all day I have been preparing for this coming week mentally. It's a very exciting week to come with lots of anticipation. I plan to keep you update with this blog as I work towards the goals in my previous post. I have a plan of action that will allow me to start accomplishing them right away. Honestly this excitement is matched with as much anxiety because I am about to make very large sweeping changes in my life. Mostly in the area of time management and my schedule.

I have spent the past several years of my life working part time and earning a very comfortable income. However, now I'm planning to step it up in order to get all of my goals in my previous blog post accomplished on time and some of them ahead of schedule. I have fitness goals, spiritual goals, family goals, and financial goals. To focus on them all cumulatively will take solid focus and commitment.

The first part of my plan is to get up each morning by 6:30 am, I haven't EVER consistently gotten up that early since I stopped working as a nurse 8 years ago. Getting up this early will give me enough time to work out, shower, eat breakfast, and read my bible before starting work at 9 am. It's exciting having a plan, I will be challenged putting it in action, but rewarded well for accomplishing it. No matter how I adjust my schedule I can't help but be thankful for the life I live. Who else gets to work at something that corporate America would only pay me minimum wage to do; yet working for myself I'm able to earn 100s of 1000s of dollars annually part time. Frankly I haven't figured out why the whole dang world isn't doing this. Oh well off to bed because I'm going to have another exciting day tomorrow. Monday, will be here soon enough but I'm so looking forward to it.

Jackie O'Quinn

P.S. We are interviewing for a couple of "work from home" postions right now, apply here.




No comments: