Monday, July 05, 2010

June 27th was my wedding anniversary

Carmen and I just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. We went up to the Blue Ridge mountains and rented a luxury cabin for a week. It was a great time. The first couple of day we basically had some rest and relaxation playing games, and taking naps mostly. As the week went by we did more adventurous things. One day we went hiking for about two hours. There are tons of hiking trails and lots of national forest so that was scenic and incredibly beautiful. Another day we went horseback riding. This was technically my first time on a horse other than being a kid but that was when someone else like my uncle was holding the reins. Horseback riding through the mountains was definitely a good time. We went through the woods, down old logging roads, and open fields. In several places we had incredible views of the mountains.

Thursday of last week was probably one of our highlights (outside of my wife she was THE highlight and has been since the day we got married). We went whitewater rafting. We went down the Ococee River. This was a first for both of us, but man it was SO MUCH FUN. To be honest, I was intimidated alittle at first. Our guide was very knowledgeable and very laid back. Carmen did get knocked out of the raft once, but she got back in and was fine. One boat that was in our group completely turned over. It was alot of fun. If you have never been whitewater rafting then I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!

We came back home on Friday and had a quiet weekend. Now it's Monday and the first week of July. Back to business. In DFI we have a contest running through the summer and I want to do well with it so I will be giving it a good run. Speaking of which I have an appt now so I need to run but will be back for another blog post later.

All the best,
Jackie O'Quinn
1-888-309-5759
www.FlexibleBiz.com

No comments: