Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back again

We are back home now. You know I feel honored to have spent a great weekend with a different scope of entrepreneurs than I have met before. Many of the people I was with this weekend, I have never spent much time with them before. I even found time to smoke a few cigars with Dave Humburg, who seems to be a very upstanding executive. I like Dave and feel honored to have been in his presence. The one thing that struck me as odd is how much I thought Dani Johnson's First Steps to Success seminar could have impacted these people and their business even though they are not in a homebased business. I chose not to discuss Dani Johnson with them as many of them have very long and established histories of being in business and do not seem receptive to an outsider's ideas (mine). So I chose to quietly listen, to pick up nuggets, and learn lessons from listening in.

As I got on the plane leaving Puerto Rico, I was reflecting back on some of the conversations I have overheard. Conversations about people who had real success with their finances like Kirk Foley the CEO and people who only put up a front of having success. Just because someone has been successful in business doesn't always mean they have managed their personal finances very well. I will be the first to admit I have had some great success with Decide Freedom International but I could definitely make some improvements and some better choices. Part of my goals for the remainder of the year is to be completely debt free, to have money put back for taxes so I will not owe that going into next year, and to save $10,000 for a vacation back to Bora Bora next year. Going into next year I am looking to buy our first rental property by the end of the first quarter of next year.

As I look at people who fail to have true financial freedom, even though they earn a fantastic income it comes down to one solid fundamental flaw; a failure to cap expenses and to live within their means. In fact, I am certain excessive spending is more common than true success in people who would consider themselves affluent. So many times it comes down to what facade can we appear to be living. The problem with that is we become a prisoner of the life that we choose to portray instead of having true stress free success. This stress free success is something that I will work to achieve, and to lead a life of example for everyone I can inside of Decide Freedom International.

Have a great week,
Jackie O'Quinn
1-800-620-3019

No comments: