Sunday, February 14, 2010

Passion and Poetry in Atlanta Georgia

Last night the wife and I celebrated our Valentine's Day. It was a good night. We ate at an Italian resteraunt called Maggianos. It was very good. I am not usually a big fan of Italian food. Don't get me wrong I love my wife's amazing speggehti and her lasagna. However, I would prefer to eat other cuisine's when going out for a dinner. However, Carmen loves Italian so that is why we went there. I am really glad we did.

After Dinner, we went to Passion and Poetry downtown. That was a very interesting experience to say the least. The first Poet came out and his name was Bo Ellis, he was ultra vulgar from the start and had rhyming skills that were just simply not that impressive. However there were some highlights of the night. Sphinx, was a Poet who was one of the few that wasn't over the top sexual. His poem was all about relationships and making it as team when you realize that you may have lost that initial puppy love at the start of a relationship. He was great.

Another Poet was Raucus, she was very sexual in her poem. She was amazingly skilled and alot of fun to listen to. If I have ever heard a wordsmith it was her. She had complete command of the english vocabulary. Another highlight, without question was when "Theo" from the Coosby Show came out and preformed. He too was also very good. Over all I would say it was a great time. Most of the Poets were OK with a few stand outs. None the less I very well could attend again.

Today, is about having a relaxing day at home. I will probably log on and play some online Poker. I also have some Snow Crab Legs set out so I will probably steam them up alittle later as well. Overall a lazy Sunday.

No comments: