Thursday, July 03, 2008

Coastal Travel, July 4th weekend, and FREEDOM

This weekend we have exciting plans. We have rented a boat and we are headed out to the lake. I am not exactly sure how big this boat is but it should comfortably fit 8 adults. Tonight the festivities start with a bonfire and a cook out in the backyard. Tomorrow morning we head out for the lake. We will spend the night up at Traverse City and have the boat the next day as well. On July 4th they actually shoot off fireworks from a barge on the lake and we will be able to pull our boat pretty close to the entire display. We did this last year as well. There is not too many places better to watch a fourth of July fireworks display in Michigan.

The best part about all of this is if I was still working at the hospital as a Registered Nurse. I would have to ask for time off and there is a good chance I might not get it. Then I would have to switch with someone so I would be on the phone begging people to switch my shifts for their shifts which would also mean next week I would be working a crazy scheduled just to make up for the days that someone switched with me. I would have been thrilled to work a hectic schedule next week just to be able to have Friday through Sunday off this weekend.

Working from home changes all of that! Yes I am my own boss, I create my own hours. I make a great income but besides that I really do have true FREEDOM. Four years ago before getting started with Coastal Travel I would have never known this was possible.

I hope you have a great 4th,

Jackie O'Quinn
1-800-620-3019
www.dfilive.com/jackie/landing1

No comments: